Crohn’s Disease has no cure, but cannabis is an ideal treatment due to its anti-inflammatory effects. Buy medical marijuana online at Fair Canna Care today! What is Crohn’s Disease?
Crohn’s Disease is classified as an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The result is inflammation of the digestive tract in the colon and final part of the small intestine most commonly . In many cases, this disease is debilitating and can lead to life-threatening complications.
Crohn’s Disease is known for having periods where it enters remission. However, when it is active, it is host to a number of symptoms including:
● Abdominal Pain
● Mouth sores
● Reduced appetite and weight loss
The cause for Crohn’s Disease is still unknown, but it is related to the immune system and is more common in families with a hereditary disposition to the disease. Recent research also linked a dysbiosis of bacteria in the gut with having a role in the disease . Furthermore, symptoms can be exacerbated by improper diet and stress.
Current Treatments For Crohn’s Disease
Unfortunately, Crohn’s Disease has no cure. However, there are various prescription medications such as anti-inflammatory drugs and immune suppressors that can be used to help manage the symptoms. In addition, maintaining a proper diet and healthy lifestyle can help to mitigate the risk factors and future flare ups.
How Cannabis Can Help
Cannabis is growing in popularity amongst the medical community for a variety of ailments. Previously used for pain relief and mood disorders, applications for several other diseases and disorders continue to come to light – including Crohn’s Disease.
A 2011 study published in the Israel Medical Association Journal conducted the first ever research on cannabis as a potential treatment for Crohn’s Disease. This study found that 70% of patients improved significantly with medical marijuana treatments . Then, in 2013, another study published in the Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology journal recorded complete remission of Crohn’s Disease in 45% of their patients due to THC . Lastly, a 2014 paper had similar results finding that “cannabis produced significant clinical benefits in patients with Crohn’s”.
Due to the nature of disease, prescription drugs for Crohn’s work to reduce inflammation and suppress the immune response. Both of which are possible through the use of cannabis. Cannabinoid receptors are located throughout the GI tract and on immune cells . This results in a welcome reception for the cannabinoids found in marijuana to communicate with the endocannabinoid system; this is the body’s natural THC . Additionally, cannabis has antioxidant compounds to help reduce cellular stress caused by chronic inflammation and even generate healing.
Best Cannabis Strains for Crohn’s Disease
As with every ailment that cannabis works to manage, there are specific strains that provide better symptom relief. The same goes for Crohn’s Disease. Some of the top strains to manage this debilitating disease are:
1. ACDC – This strain is one of the best for medical conditions due to it’s THC:CBD ratio of 1:20. This results in all of the pain-relieving benefits but without the psychoactive properties. This is a great option for patients who do not like the feeling of being high, or who suffer from severe anxiety.
2. Quantum Kush – Medical users suffering from aches and pains have reported success with this potent Sativa strain. Perfect for managing daytime symptoms, the 27% THC level is ideal for experienced users needing a high level of pain relief.
3. Cannatonic – This is a unique hybrid strain that is great for relieving anxiety in addition to pain. This is a low THC (below 6%) and high CBD (6-17%) strain, which is uplifting and powerfully relaxing.
4. Banana Kush – This is a potent Indica-strain, which is great for evening use. The THC content of 18-25% and 0.1% CBD level gives it extensive applications, especially for individuals caught in painful conditions. Plus, it has a nice fruity taste and smells like bananas!
5. Jack Herer – Named after a lifelong cannabis supporter, Jack Herer is another great daytime option for Crohn’s sufferers. Thanks to its blissful and clear-headed effects, it is great for putting anxiety at ease. Additionally, this strain has powerful effect on chronic pain and fatigue brought on by Crohn’s.
Several of these inflammation and pain fighting strains are available at Fair Canna Care. We are an online cannabis dispensary that believes every Canadian deserves affordable access to medical marijuana. We make it easy to buy cannabis online and are adding new strains daily!
For individuals who are not fond of the idea of “getting high” or who don’t like the psychoactive effects, CBD oil is also being studied as a potential treatment. CBD is another cannabinoid found in the marijuana plant (like THC). The only difference is this component offers the health benefits without the “high”. Studies are still being conducted on its propensity for treating Crohn’s Disease. As THC and CBD are designed to work in tandem to communicate with the endocannabinoid system, one-to-one strains or those with lower levels of THC may be preferred for patients looking for a different option.
While there are still some risks with cannabis as a treatment for Crohn’s Disease, studies continue to prove it as a viable, medical alternative to prescription drugs and many patients are already finding relief.
By: faircanna care
If you are looking for Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Calgary, then search no more Fair Canna Care is here to serve you. We are the legal providers of marijuana, and you can get top quality products at fair market prices.
Article Directory: http://www.articledirectoryusa.com
Submitted On Dec 26, 2017. Viewed 153 times.